It gets really easy to handle our smart home devices with Alexa. If you are using Ghome Smart Plugs then you can connect them too with Amazon Alexa. For this, make sure you have set up Alexa already. Moreover, Ghome smart mini plug is also setup and connected to your router.
To start with, you need to plug the Ghome smart plug into a wall outlet. Plus the device is online on the “Gosund App”.
Connect Ghome Smart Plug With Alexa
- Open the Alexa App on your android or iOS phone.
- Using your username and password sign into the Alexa app.
- On the bottom right hand corner click on “More”.
- Go to “Skills and Games” on the next screen.
- Using the magnifying icon or search icon on the top right hand corner of the app, search for “Gosund”.
- Finally click on “Enable to use”.
- Next you will need to click on the “Agree and Link” button.
- After successful connection the app will show you a message saying “Your Gosund account is successfully linked”.
- Now you will be able to control your smart plugs by going to the “Devices” tab.
So, this is how you can connect Ghome smart plug with Alexa. In case you own Google home then you can check Google home setup with Ghome plugs here.
In order to use Ghome smart plugs with Alexa you will have to simply say “Alexa turn On/Off (name of the plug).
Why Is My Ghome Plug Not Connecting To Alexa?
If your smart plug is also not connecting with the Alexa then follow the given below steps-
- Make sure you are using latest software version on both smart plugs and Alexa.
- Plus both the smart plugs and Alexa should be connected to the same wifi router or access point.
- Also kindly cross check both the Alexa and Ghome smart plugs are plugged in within range. Both the devices should be within 20-30 feet of range for the setup process. After setup you can place it at the desired location.
- In case it still doesn’t connect then reset the ghome smart plug. You can do that by pushing a On/Off button on it for around 10-15 seconds.