If your Echo dot music is default at iHeartRadio and you can not apply an explicit filter at your echo dot kids then in this article we will guide you how to remove iHeartRadio completely. This glitch has been around for quite some time now.
It gets even worse when iHeartRadio automatically makes playlists for your kids. And sometimes these playlists include adult talks too. Let’s check how to stop iHeartRadio from Kids Echo.
Removing iHeartRadio from Kids Echo Dot
First and foremost make sure you have updated alexa firmware and app. You can simply say “Alexa check for software updates”, if available it will inform you.
- Now, open the Alexa App next. And tap on “More”
- Go to “Settings” next.
- You then have to select “Music & Podcast”.
- Click on “Default Services” and kindly check it is not set to “iHearRadio” under “Artist and Genre Stations”.
- Finally, click on the back arrow and go to “Explicit Language”. Make sure it is set as per your choices and preference.
IMP:- Just in case these settings were already applied toggle those buttons Off/On again to refresh the choices.
Now, in order to remove iHeartradio from Kids Echo , we will have to select another default music app. So, on your Amazon Parents Dashboard we will select Amazon Music as default. Lets learn how-
- So, you will need to go to https://parents.amazon.com. Now, login using your user and password.
- It will show you your children names there, so select ‘Settings’ beside it.
- Under “You Child Devices” select your echo device that you want to unlink with iHeartRadio.
- Then simply select “Manage Music”.
- Tap “On” to turn Amazon Music On.
Disable Amazon Kids
You can altogether disable the Amazon kids and ask Alexa to play any song on Amazon Music. This trick has also worked for many. To turn Amazon Kids off go to Alexa App>>Devices>>Select Echo>>Select Settings Icon>>Amazon Kids>>On/Off.
How Do I Unlink IHeartRadio from Alexa
You can do that by going into your Alexa App, lets learn how-
- Open the app on your Android or iOS device.
- Tap on the “More” option on the bottom right hand side.
- Click on “Settings” and then select “Music and Podcast”.
- Go to the services section and select “iHeartRadio”.
- Next, select the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select “Disable Skill”.
Hope this should resolve your issue. Just in case it doesn’t then, uninstall the alexa app and then reset the echo kids too. Now, set the echo again plus re-install the alexa app again.